FAIR AND ECOLOGICAL
We love nature and so that it stays as it is we pay strict attention to protecting our environment.
Our fabrics are without exceptionSTANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified and are subject to rigorous quality control. The limits we adhere are far below those required for certification by the statutory regulations.
Manfred Seeber, Melchior Textil:
“We categorically oppose child labour and take particular care that all raw materials are manufactured free from any child labour. We continue to pursue a strategy of strictly ensuring that neither corruption nor bribery play a role in the procurement of raw material.”
- In the procurement of raw materials we pay utmost attention to optimal environmental compatibility, sustainable cultivation or, as the case may be, production and place great emphasis on long-term collaboration with environmentally-friendly production plants.
- We also work to support the further ecological qualification of our partners and, among other things, through timely quality control prevent them from being subjected to unnecessary complaints.
- In the finishing of our textiles we only work with partners who are certified according to an environmental management system.
- We urge our partners in the finishing sector to employ environmentally-friendly finishing agents and chemicals and only market fabric that complies with the REACH regulation.
- Environmentally-friendly company cars and trustworthy haulage firms using well-maintained vehicles with EURO-5 standard engines play an important role in avoiding emissions of CO2.
- Shipments are bundled to achieve the highest possible stocking density on the load space.
- We continually keep up to date on new developments in connection with environmental protection.
- We conform to environmental directives in the same way as our commitment to quality.
- Our electrical appliances are energy saving.
- We avoid the standby-mode on all electrical devices.
- Our premises are thermally insulated, thus reducing our heating energy.
- Recyclable material, residual waste and waste material are carefully sorted and disposed of correctly.
- We completely forgo the use of solvent-based products.
- Business papers, sales documents, brochures and advertising material are produced by environmentally-friendly printing processes and on chlorine-free bleached paper.