FAIR AND ECOLOGICAL
We love nature and so that it stays as it is we pay strict attention to protecting our environment.
Our fabrics are without exception OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified and are subject to rigorous quality control. The limits we adhere are far below those required for certification by the statutory regulations.
Manfred Seeber, Managing Director, Melchior Textil:
“We categorically oppose child labour and take particular care that all raw materials are manufactured free from any child labour. We continue to pursue a strategy of strictly ensuring that neither corruption nor bribery play a role in the procurement of raw material.”
- In the procurement of raw materials we pay utmost attention to optimal environmental compatibility, sustainable cultivation or, as the case may be, production and place great emphasis on long-term collaboration with environmentally-friendly production plants.
- We also work to support the further ecological qualification of our partners and, among other things, through timely quality control prevent them from being subjected to unnecessary complaints.
- In the finishing of our textiles we only work with partners who are certified according to an environmental management system.
- We urge our partners in the finishing sector to employ environmentally-friendly finishing agents and chemicals and only market fabric that complies with the REACH regulation.
- Environmentally-friendly company cars and trustworthy haulage firms using well-maintained vehicles with EURO-5 standard engines play an important role in avoiding emissions of CO2.
- Shipments are bundled to achieve the highest possible stocking density on the load space.
- We continually keep up to date on new developments in connection with environmental protection.
- We conform to environmental directives in the same way as our commitment to quality.
- Our electrical appliances are energy saving.
- We avoid the standby-mode on all electrical devices.
- Our premises are thermally insulated, thus reducing our heating energy.
- Recyclable material, residual waste and waste material are carefully sorted and disposed of correctly.
- We completely forgo the use of solvent-based products.
- Business papers, sales documents, brochures and advertising material are produced by environmentally-friendly printing processes and on chlorine-free bleached paper.